Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Ode to Auntie Ro

Tonight I saw my Aunt Ro. When I told her I just had a story released, she immediately reached for her wallet. "You still writing articles and nasty stories? That one about that lady in jail upset me something terrible."

"That's all right, Auntie. This is an electronic book," I explained. "You'll need a computer to read it. And some of the language is racy."

"Oh, okay. I'll buy two. But I ain't gonna promise you I'll read it. You like to kill people too much...and why don't the people have happy endings?"

I laughed. "This is different kind of story. My heroine ends up happy enough, I suppose."

"Uhm," she grunted, looking at the cover. "She showing her backside."

"She's been a bad girl," I joked.

Auntie smiled brightly. "Breaking Becky," she whispered, allowing the words to roll off her tongue. "Well if she's bad, then I'll take four."

No comments: