Thursday, August 30, 2007

May We Suggest...


With a heavy heart, I'm writing to announce that I've finally turned off the "Suggestions" menu in my TiVo.

For some reason TiVo thinks I'm interested in every syndicated episode of Becker ever made. He also thinks I like The Fabulous Life Of..., George Lopez and Magnum P.I. Now, while I could probably accept any of those shows on a really slow Sunday (and only when Flavor of Love or a derivative is not in rotation) TiVo and I had our last spat over its insistence on recording Simon & Simon.

Now that Suggestions and I are on hiatus, though, I have to wonder about something. What part of my viewing habits is so unsavory that it would come up with that sampling especially for me?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It can't have anything to do with your viewing of Friday the 13th: The Series. I just can't even make the leap from that to Becker or Magnum P.I.

Your TiVO clearly has issues. Hope you're doing well, other than that. :)

Layne Blacque said...

I think the Magnum P.I. thing comes from my geriatric detective fetish. Put Columbo and Diagnosis: Murder in your TiVo enough times and it'll think ALL detectives are fair game.

The "Becker" thing makes me scratch my head, though. Seriously. I'm not some secret "Cheers" watcher -- never even watched much during its original run, so I have no idea why TiVo thinks I lurve Ted Danson.

As for F13S, you know what? I realized my young self mostly watched the show for Ryan Dallion. Mickey (as cute as she is with that mane of red hair) kinda bugs. She was definitely...heroine-like with all her screaming. Jeez! There are times when I really wanted Ryan and Jack to NOT save her.

I tape lots of documentaries now. Mostly about organized crime, secret government activities and UFOs. I'm also a sucker for Mysteries of the Bible and Decoding...something or other. Though Big Brother and I have a weekly appointment because I have to see what Evil Dick and his doting daughter Danielle will do next. And the crying... Always with Amber and the crying. But looks like I won't have to worry about that anymore...

I can't wait for Medium to start back up. Yes. Medium. The fact that I *heart* a show headlined by Patricia Arquette used to bother me something terrible -- but not anymore. I'm a sucker for psychic soccer moms. Jennifer Love Hewitt's show, Ghost Whisperer, doesn't give me the same feeling. Though I suppose most of my goodwill toward medium is because of Jake Weber.

Hope life's treating you well, Anita. What's on your viewing list?

ME said...

They didn't include Cheaters? Yeah, I'm with you and Anita on booting your TiVO suggestions.

Lea